Mains, Fish, Seafood & Shellfish
Another classic base recipe, an essential ingredient for poaching fish and making fish sauces.
IngredientsRecipe for 4 persons
- Olive oil
Preparation time: 30 min
Clean and trim the fish if need be. Break the bones into smaller pieces, but not the heads.
Peel and chop the onions, and cut the tomatoes into cubes.
- Fish stock
In a stock pot with a thread of oil, sweat the onions, garlic, pepper and fennel. Make sure not to color them. Cook covered for 2 minutes and then add the tomatoes. Cook down for another 2 minutes.
Add the fish heads and bones, stir well and then continue to cook covered. Stir a little bit and then cover with water. Cook on low for 20 minutes.
Skim regularly to remove the surface impurities and after the 20 minutes, remove from the heat and add the basil. Let it infuse for 10 more minutes.
Pass the liquid through a fine mesh sieve and then let the fish stock cool down before placing it in the fridge.
« Make your recipes while having fun with friends or colleagues. »
Class with similar recipe
CHEF FOR A DAY
A full day learning about the basics of cooking
- Beef Bourguignon and puree of potatoes with olive oil
- Blanquette of veal with white sauce and tomato confit rice Pilaf
- Crunchy vegetable salad, chive deviled eggs.
- Fish stock
- Hanger steak, sea salt, sauce béarnaise with gratin Dauphinois
- Salmon en papillote , Nantaise butter and a vegetable julienne
- Veal stock