Mild spices beef tataki salad, parmigiano reggiano gremolata sauce
Appetizers recipes, Beef appetizer recipes
Watercress salad served with thin slices of beef flavored with cinnamon, paprika, coriander and cumin,seared very quickly on all four sides, served withe a fresh herbes and Parmesan pesto.
IngredientsRecipe for 4 persons
For the beef tataki
Boston cut beef
Fleur de sel
For the gremolata sauce
Freshly ground black pepper
For the salad
- Olive oil
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
Preparation time: 30 min
- Set upJuice the lemon Cut the beef into long rectangular sections 4cm x 4cm. Use a peeler to create Parmesan shavings.Pick all the leaves from your fresh herbes.Browned pine nuts 4 minutes in the oven.
- Beef tatakiGather all the spices then roll to beef stripes in the mixture .In a non-stick skillet on medium / high, drizzle some vegetable oil then sear in it the beef stripes on each side for about 30 seconds. Remove them from the pan and set aside. on a wire rack and let them coo down.
- Gremolata sauce preparationUsing a food processor, chop all the herbes then add the olive oil, the lemon juice, the parmesan and the pine nuts then season with salt and pepper.
- Salad preparationSeason the watercress with olive oil, a dash of lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper.
- To servePlace your salad lengthwise and serve a few slices of tataki on top. Use the gremolata sauce to create a design on your plate and decorate with a few parmesan shavings.
The tataki is a Japanese cooking technique that can be applied to tuna, beef or other red meat and that consists of searing a few seconds to preserve the inside raw.