Roasted lobster, béarnaise sauce, green asparagus and roasted fingerling potatoes
Mains, Fish, Seafood & Shellfish
IngredientsRecipe for 4 persons
For the roasted lobster
For the béarnaise sauce
For the asparagus and potatoes
- Salt and pepper
Preparation time: 45 min
Preheat your four at 400 °F
- General preparationChop the shallots. Chop the tarragon leaves. Remove the fibrous parts from the asparagus. Cut the new potatoes in two lengthwise.
- Potatoes and asparagus preparationMix the potato slices with clarified butter. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and roast in the oven about 30 minutes, until browned and tender. For the asparagus, steam or cook them at the last moment in a large pot of boiling water 2 minutes.
- Roasted lobster preparationMix some clarified butter with chopped tarragon and a pinch of freshly ground pepper. Cut into 2 the live lobsters by inserting the knife in right in the center of the abdomen, cutting the head and the tail in 2. Then crack the claws using clamps. Place on a baking sheet, meat side up and brush with butter and tarragon. Roast in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- For the béarnaise sauce preparationIn a saucepan combine the shallots, vinegar and white wine, 4 turns of ground pepper and sprigs of tarragon. Reduce until the liquid evaporates, remove the branches. In a water bath, using a whisk, emulsify egg yolks with a little water, when the mixture thickens and whithens, start to slowly add in the clarified butter, until the sauce thickens, add the shallots and chopped tarragon.
- To serveOn your plate. Place half a lobster, then use an oval ring mold to present the potatoes. Place the asparagus on top and top with the sauce bearnaise.
Class with similar recipe
LE MENU GOURMAND
Lobster fever, original recipes
- Yukon gold stuffed with lobster and Pleine lune cheese, arugula salad
- Roasted lobster, béarnaise sauce, green asparagus and roasted fingerling potatoes
- Lobster butter
- Basil Panna Cotta, strawberry and black pepper jam