Oven roasted green asparagus, crushed hard boiled egg, white wine and fresh chives sabayon, toasted hazelnut powder
Gluten free, Egg, Vegetables and Fruits, Vegetarian, Brunch
A seasonal starter sure to please! Fresh and light yet packed full of flavor!
IngredientsRecipe for 4
Preparation time: 45 min
Preheat your Oven at 425 °F
In a large pot of salted boiling water, blanch the asparagus for 3 minutes. Strain and transfer to an ice bath to stop them from over cooking and to keep the chlorophyll a bright green.
Transfer the asparagus to a baking sheet and sprinkle with oil, salt and pepper.
Transfer to the oven for 4 minutes at 425°F just before serving.
- Eggs and hazelnuts
In a pot of boiling water, delicately place the eggs and cook for 10-12 minutes once boiling.
Once done, transfer to cold water to stop the eggs from cooking. Peel the eggs. Chop the eggs making sure to keep some texture, we don't want a purée.
In a hot skillet with a drizzle of oil, cook the hazelnuts until they have a nice golden color. Next, crush them with the bottom of a pot or pan.
On top of a steam bath, whisk the egg yolks with 100ml of wine until they have a nice foamy light texture. Make sure not to over cook the eggs while whisking. If at any point the bowl is too hot to hold with a bare hand, remove from the steam bath and continue whisking away from the heat source.
Season to taste.
On a flat plate, place the asparagus side by side. Sprinkle with the roasted hazelnuts. Sprinkle with the eggs as well. Drizzle with the sabayon and garnish with some finely sliced chives.
« Make your recipes while having fun with friends or colleagues. »
Class with similar recipe
LE BON BRUNCH
Chic and comfort Brunch + Mimosa workshop
- Homemade beef sausage with cheese, beer coleslaw
- Lemon pound cake, vanilla ice cream and roasted almonds with lemon caramel
- Mushrooms with parsley cassolette, smoked diced bacon, pine nuts, fresh goat cheese, arugula with apple cider vinegar
- Oven roasted green asparagus, crushed hard boiled egg, white wine and fresh chives sabayon, toasted hazelnut powder
- Poultry Liver Toast with Raspberries and Balsamic Vinegar, Basil and Spinach