Ile flottante with hazelnut nougatine
Here's a classic recipe for floating island. There is a duo of crème anglaise and meringue. The whole is accompanied by a pistachio nougatine.
IngredientsRecipe for 12 personnes
For the crème anglaise
For the meringue
For the pistachio nougatine
Preparation time: 30 min
- Preparation for the crème anglaise
In a saucepan, heat milk. In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks, sugar and vanilla until the mixture whitens. Stir hot milk gradually, whisking. Return to saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until the mixture coats the back of the spoon. Refrigerate.
- Preparation for the meringue
Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar and continue to mix until a bright and firm meringue. With the spatula, add the icing sugar folding. Using a pastry bag or a spoon, fill meringue buttered ramekins and bake in the microwave about 30 seconds.
- Preparation for the pistachio nougatine
In a saucepan, heat the sugar until it reaches a golden color. Off the heat add the hazelnuts. Pour the nougat on a work surface oiled so cool as quickly as possible. Cutting with a knife.
- To serve
In a plate, pour the crème anglaise. Add the meringue, cooled and well drained and garnish with hazelnut nougatine.
Here is the recipe for a crème anglaise. Keep an eye on your cooking cream to get a smooth texture. The cream should coat the back of a wooden spoon.
Class with similar recipe
LE BON BRUNCH
Chic and comfort Brunch + mimosa offered on your arrival
- Berries, banana and honey smoothie
- Duck tartar, smoked bacon cubes and old-style mustard, crispy fingerling potatoes
- Gourmet bite of smoked salmon, wasabi whipped cream, fennel salad
- Ile flottante with hazelnut nougatine
- Mini egg casserole, caramelized onion, old cheddar, mix greens and maple dressing