Goat cheese ball salad with walnuts and crispy smoked bacon
Appetizers, Vegetables and Fruits
Mesclun salad dressed with a cider vinegar dressing, accompanied by goat cheese balls rolled in walnuts and crispy bacon smoked with applewood.
IngredientsRecipe for 4 persons
For the salad
For the garnish
For the dressing
Preparation time: 30 min
Preheat your four at 425 °F
- General preparation
Roast the walnuts in the oven for 8 minutes. Once the nuts cooled down, chop them finely. Cut the piece of bacon in lardons and cut the cherry tomatoes into quarters.
- Preparation of the garnish
Cut the goat cheese into small pieces about 1.5 cm square. Form balls by rolling them in your hands, then roll them in nuts crush. In a skillet, fry bacon until crisp. Drain and transfer to paper towels.
- Preparation of the dressing
Whisk the vinegar with mustard and a pinch of salt. Stir the oils to create a mesh uniform dressing.
- To serve
At the last moment, mix the mesclun, tomatoes, bacon and dressing. Adjust the seasoning. On your plate, place a serving of mixed salad, garnish with goat cheese ball.
Ask your butcher to cut you slices of thick bacon lardons to be plump.
Class with similar recipe
LE BON BRUNCH
To be sure to make a success with your home Brunch
- Banana and maple syrup smoothie
- Cheesecake, pineapple brunoise with star anise and vanilla, strawberry coulis
- Goat cheese ball salad with walnuts and crispy smoked bacon
- Rösti potatoes with mushrooms and cheese, spicy eggs, bacon foam, pumpkin crumble
- Tatin of tomatoes and caramelized onions, pancetta chips and Parmesan shavings