Jar of chocolate mousse and caramelized hazelnuts
Unctuous dark chocolate mousse accompanied by crunchy caramelized hazelnuts.
IngredientsRecipe for 4 persons
For the chocolate mousse
For the caramelized hazelnuts
Preparation time: 30 min
Preheat your four at 400 °F
- General preparation
Separate the egg whites from the yolks.
- Preparation of the caramelized hazelnuts
Prepare a caramel by placing the sugar in a saucepan and cover with water. Boil until you obtain a nice caramel color. Meanwhile, place the hazelnuts on a baking sheet and bake in oven for 5-10 minutes until golden brown. Pour hot nuts into the caramel, mix well and pour onto a tray lined with parchment paper. Let cool completely until it hardens then crush the hazelnuts with the back a small pot, or a tenderizer hammer.
- Chocolate mousse preparation
Melt chocolate and butter in double boiler. In the bowl of a kitchen aid, place egg whites and sugar. Whip until it rises in volume and until you get a soft peak meringue. Mix the egg yolks with the chocolate and let rest until it reaches room temperature. Add half the volume of meringue and whisk well. Add the remaining meringue and fold delicately in order not to lose volume. Mix well and divide the mousse into the molds of your choice.
- To serve
Garnish the mousse with caramelized hazelnuts and let set in the fridge at least 2 hours before serving.
Vary the origins and strength of cocoa to discover different ranges of chocolate tastes. Keep your caramelized hazelnuts in an air-thigh container away from humidity otherwise they may lose their crunchy side.
Class with similar recipe
Chic Tapas + 2 glasses of wine
- Crispy chicken burger, Migneron de Charlevoix, smoked tomato mayo, romaine lettuce
- Creamy mozzarella, bed of kale, garlic figs and chorizo, crispy country bread
- Mushrooms with parsley cassolette, smoked diced bacon, pine nuts, fresh goat cheese, arugula with apple cider vinegar
- Tuna Poke bowl, spicy mayo, edamame, sesame, green onion
- Jar of chocolate mousse and caramelized hazelnuts