Crêpe roll, maple custard, caramelised apples
IngredientsRecipe for 4 persons
For the crepe
For the mapple custard
For the caramelized apple
- Olive oil
Preparation time: 30 min
- General preparationPeel and cut apples into small cubes.
- Crêpe preparationIn a large bowl, combine all ingredients for the crepe batter and mix with a whisk until smooth. Let the dough rest for 1 hour. In a hot nonstick skillet, drizzled with vegetable oil, pour a little bit of batter to cover the bottom of your pan and cook 30 seconds on each side.
- Mapple custard preparationPlace the milk in a saucepan and bring to boil. In a cul-de-poule, blanch the egg yolks with the sugar maple, then add flour. Pour one-third of the hot milk gradually over the mixture, mix well and pour back into the saucepan. Cook over low heat and until the cream thickens, whisking constantly. Then transfer to shallow dish and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate.
- Caramelized apple preparationIn a hot nonstick skillet, add a knob of butter and sauté the apple with brown sugar. Cook for 4-5 minutes in order to caramelize the apples.
- To serveSpread some pastry cream on each pancake. Then roll them before cutting into 2 wedge. Place the rolled pancakes on a plate on each other and then garnish with caramelized apples and maple syrup.