Fresh ginger and coriander shrimps nuggets, exotic salsa
Crispy shrimp nuggets rolled in Panko and flavored with fresh ginger and coriander and served with a spicy mango, cucumber, peppers and fresh tomatoes salsa.
IngredientsRecipe for 12 Tapas
For the shrimps nuggets
Peeled medium shrimps
Japanese breadcrumbs (panko)
For the exotic salsa
Chili paste (sriracha)
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
Preparation time: 30 min
Preheat your friteuse at 375 °F
- General preparationCut the tomato and mango, peppers, cucumber and shallot in small dice. Zest and juice the lime.
- Shrimps nuggets preparationIn a food processor, chop the ginger, the half coriander and garlic clove. Add the shrimps and mix a few seconds. Season with salt and pepper and incorporate the egg, flour and half of the bread crumbs. Form 12 little balls using 2 spoons or your palms. Roll those nuggets in the leftover bread crumbs. Drop those nuggets in your fryer et fry them until golden on each side. Alternatively, in a non-stick pan, drizzle a little bit of olive oil and sear the nuggets on medium heat for 2 minutes on each side. Transfer on a baking tray and cook in the oven for a few minutes.
- Exotic salsa preparationIn a bowl, mix together the peppers, shallot, cucumber, tomatoes, mangoes, leftover chopped coriander and chili paste. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- To serveServe your nuggets on top of a little bit of exotic salsa either in chinese spoons or mini plates.
Using the fryer gives you nuggets that are evenly golden on each side.
Class with similar recipe
Thursday, 22 August18:00 à 21:00
Ateliers & Saveurs Plateau Mont-Royal
90.00$ / pers.
LES 6 à 8 COCKTAILS/TAPAS
Cocktail and tapas classes + 1 glass of wine included
- Cocktail of the moment
- Fresh ginger and coriander shrimps nuggets, exotic salsa
- Molten veal meat balls with a beer mayonnaise
- Blinis, button mushroom persillade and a dill cream sauce
- Marinated scallop gravlax, sauteed balsamic blueberries, herbal whipped cream, served on croutons
- Pavlova, cheesecake cream, red berry jelly