Pan seared scallops, red pepper coulis, chorizo and black olive couscous
Appetizers, Fish, Seafood & Shellfish
IngredientsRecipe for 4 persons
For the scallops
For the chorizo and olive couscous
For the roasted red pepper coulis
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
Preparation time: 45 min
- General preparationFinely chop the olives, garlic, chives and parsley. Dice the chorizo.
- Red pepper coulis preparationOn a baking sheet, place the peppers. Roast in the oven for 30-35 minutes until nicely browned. Remove the peppers from the oven and set aside in a bowl and cover with a lid. Once cooled remove the peppers skin and seeds. Using a hand blender, mix the pepper with olive oil, lemon juice and honey to obtain a homogeneous texture. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Couscous preparationIn nonstick skillet, saute the diced chorizo over medium heat. In a bowl, mix the couscous with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Pour the boiling water on the couscous and cover 10 minutes. Using a fork, fluff the couscous and adjust the seasoning if necessary, add the chopped herbs, black olives, diced chorizo and chopped garlic.
- Scallops preparationSeason the scallops with salt. In a hot pan, pour enough vegetable oil to cover bottom and sear them one side until the edges are golden. Add a knob of butter and when butter begins to foam, turn the scallops over. The butter will help the caramelization of the scallop. Let them finish to cook gently off the heat.
- To serveOn your plate, draw a nice line of red pepper coulis. Add a small amount of couscous and dress the scallops on top.