Parmigiano reggiano millefeuille, spicy shrimps and virgin sauce
Appetizers, Fish, Seafood & Shellfish, Cheese
Crispy Parmigiano Reggiano tiles interspersed with spicy sautéed shrimps and a roasted pine nuts virgin sauce.
IngredientsRecipe for 4 persons
For the Parmigiano Reggiano crisps
For the spicy shrimps
Peeled medium shrimps
Bird's eye chili
For the virgin sauce
White balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Preparation time: 30 min
Preheat your four at 400 °F
- General preparationBrown the pine nuts in the oven about 4 minutes. Cut the cherry tomatoes into small cubes. Zest the lemon and squeeze its juice. Chop the chives and shallots. Cut red pepper into small dice. Cut the shrimps in two lengthwise. Cut the Tha chili in half, remove the seeds and chop the flesh.
- Parmigiano Reggiano crisps preparationOn a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, place a tablespoon of grated parmesan cheese and spread it thinly into a circle. Repeat to get at least 12 circles parmesan, setting them wide apart. Cook the tiles in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes until golden brown and let cool before serving.
- Spicy shrimps preparationSauté the shrimp in a hot pan with a drizzle of olive oil for about 2 minutes, until pink. Add in some salt and pepper and add the juice and lemon zest, chopped garlic, chili, red pepper, honey and cook 1 more minute. Add the chives and set aside.
- Virgin sauce preparationMix all the ingredients for the virgin sauce, pour a generous dash of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- To serveOn your plate, superimpose a parmesan crips and a little bit of spicy shrimps, and another crisp and so on for a total of 3 crips per person. Finish your dish with a little drissle of virgin sauce.
Tha chili is very spicy and can be replaced by a few drops of Tabasco for those less tolerant of spicy food.