Leeks fondue with white wine, pan seared scallops with saffron sauce in a verrine
Bay scallops sautéed in butter, cooking juices flavored with saffron and a touch of cream, served on a leek fondue with white wine.
IngredientsRecipe for 8 tapas
For the leek fondue
For the scallops with saffron sauce
- Salt and pepper
Preparation time: 30 min
- General preparation
Cut the leek into quarters lengthwise and then slice it. Wash the leeks in cold water. Mince the shallot.
- Leek fondue preparation
In a saucepan, melt a knob of butter, add the leeks and white wine and simmer for 15-20 minutes covered, stirring occasionally. Season with salt.
- For the scallops with saffron jus
In a large skillet, place a knob of butter and wait until it becomes nutty. Sear the scallops over high heat for 1 minute each side. Remove scallops from pan and set aside in a bowl. In the same pan, sweat the shallots with a knob of butter and deglaze with white wine. Add the juices of the scallops and saffron and reduce by half. Add cream and bring to a boil. Return the scallops to the sauce and reheat a few moments.
- To serveIn small glasses, place a little bit of leek fondue and finish with four scallops and a drizzle of saffron sauce.
Wash the chopped leeks in a large volume of cold water and make sure to get them back from the top rather than pouring into your sieve as the earth settles at the bottom.
Class with similar recipe
6 à 8 TAPAS
Tapas Afterwork ! 2 glasses of wine offered
- Duck confit crunchy Wonton salad, shiitake, green onion and honey
- Semi-cooked salmon, roasted onions celery mousseline, white butter fish stock, fresh chives
- Chicken satay, peanut sauce and fresh cilantro
- Leeks fondue with white wine, pan seared scallops with saffron sauce in a verrine
- Vacherin style tiramisu cream, red berry coulis