Crispy panko shrimps, cilantro and ginger with a lime and tequila mayo
Shrimps marinated in ginger, then breaded in Japanese breadcrumbs and served with lime mayonnaise and tequila, garnish with cilantro.
IngredientsRecipe for 12 tapas
For the shrimps
For the lime and tequila mayo
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
Preparation time: 30 min
Preheat your four at 375 °F
- General preparation
Chop the coriander leaves very finely. Peel and finely grate the ginger. Zestez and juice the lime.
- Shrimps preparation
Mix the shrimp with the ginger, season with salt and pepper and marinate for 15 minutes. Dip the shrimps in flour, then beaten egg and finally into the Panko. Place breaded shrimps on a baking sheet, drizzle with vegetable oil and bake for 8 minutes.
- Lime and tequila mayo preparation
In a bowl, whisk egg yolks with lime juice, tequila and mustard. Stir in vegetable oil in a drizzle, whisking constantly until the mayo thickens. Add the lime zest and season with salt and pepper.
- To serveServe your shrimps on a line of lime and Tequila mayonnaise, and garnish with the cilantro.
Panko is a Japanese breadcrumbs made from flakes of crispy wheat bread. Compared to traditional bread crumbs, it's bigger and drier and most importantly: the crispy side remains after cooking.
Class with similar recipe
Chic Tapas (2 glasses of wine)
- Chorizo Quesadillas, cherry tomatoes, Monterey Jack cheese, Mexican salsa
- Chicken satay, peanut sauce and fresh cilantro
- Duck confit crunchy Wonton salad, shiitake, green onion and honey
- Madagascar vanilla panna cotta with berry coulis
- Crispy panko shrimps, cilantro and ginger with a lime and tequila mayo