beef tataki with a spice crust, artichoke purée with black olive oil
Flavour and richness in a beautiful pairing. A rich purée accompanied by a spice crusted beef tataki.
IngredientsRecipe for 12 Tapas
- Salt and pepper
Preparation time: 30 min
Make parmesan petals wit the help of a peeler.
- Beef tataki
Combine all of the spices, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Roll the beef in the spice mix on all sides.
In a hot skillet with oil, sear the beef until lightly caramelized and then remove from the skillet and set aside. Once cooled, make nice thin slices.
- Artichoke purée
Combine the frozen artichoke hearts, water and milk in a sufficiently large pot. Bring to a simmer and cook for roughly 15 minutes or until tender.
Once cooked, transfer to a blender, add the olive oil and a knob of butter. Blend until smooth and creamy and then season to taste with salt and pepper.
In a small serving dish, make a nice bed of artichoke purée, top with a few slices of the sliced beef tataki and the sprinkle with fleur de sel and parmesan petals.
« Make your recipes while having fun with friends or colleagues. »
Class with similar recipe
New Chic Tapas of summer + 2 glasses of wine
- Quebec turkey mini burger with Old Cheddar, shallots and a smoked paprika mayonnaise
- Vegetarian meatballs with Swiss chard, spinach and Ricotta, tomato sauce with sage
- Eggplant caviar on crostini, asian perfumed tuna tartare and fresh chives
- Beef tataki with a spice crust, artichoke purée with black olive oil
- Chocolate and tonka bean clouds, cocoa caramel