Seafood tartare, cognac cocktail sauce
Small cubes of raw salmon, crab sticks and cooked shrimp seasoned with Cognac flavoured cocktail sauce prepared with homemade mayonnaise lightly spiced and served on baguette croutons.
IngredientsRecipe for 12 tapas
For the seafood tartare
Salmon filet skin-off
Medium shrimps cooked
For the Cognac cocktail sauce
Chili paste (sriracha)
For the croutons
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
Preparation time: 30.00 min
Preheat your four at 400.00 °F
- General preparationCut the salmon, shrimp and crab stick into small cubes. Chop the shallots and chives.
- Cocktail sauce preparationIn a bowl, combine egg yolk, mustard, ketchup and sriracha. Using a whisk, stir in vegetable oil in a drizzle until you get a firm texture. Season with salt and pepper to taste, add the Cognac and stir well.
- Croutons preparationSlice the baguette thinly to obtain your croutons. Place on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for about 10 minutes until crisp.
- Seafood tartare preparationMix the diced salmon, crab sticks and shrimps with shallots, chives and a few spoons of Cognac cocktail sauce. Adjust seasoning with salt and poivre.
- To serveForm small quenelles of tartare on the crouton and garnish with a few Masago eggs.
To obtain nice looking quenelles, use two spoons of the same size. Take a few tablespoons of mixture with one spoon and slide the second spoon in the first by applying a little pressure on the mixture. Repeat as many times as necessary to obtain a great quenelle.