Brunch, Vegetarian, Sweet, Cream, Biscuit Dough
A Portuguese pastry that everyone loves. Crispy and tender, great hot, warm or cold.
IngredientsRecipe for 4
Preparation time: 30 min
Preheat your Oven at 480 °F
Make a nice roll with the puff pastry sheet. Cut into 6 pieces. Place the pastry at the bottom of your muffin molds (buttered). Sieve the flour. Make a syrup with the sugar and water, bring to a boil and then let cool.
- Nata pastéis
In a sauce pot, bring the water, cinnamon and flour to a light boil while stirring. In another sauce pot, bring the water and sugar to a boil for 2 minutes.
Pour the syrup into the first sauce pot and continue to whisk together. Add the eggs and continue to whisk.
Pour this mix on top of the puff pastry in the muffin molds. Cook in a very hot oven (480°F) for roughly 10 minutes.
Once you remove them from the oven, brush them with the syrup to make sure they are nice and shiny.
« Make your recipes while having fun with friends or colleagues. »
Class with similar recipe
CUISINE DU MONDE
Travel to Portugal, THE PETISCOS, Portuguese Tapas (1 glass of Portuguese wine included)
- Cod and chickpea salad with coriander and sherry dressing
- Cod fritters (Pastéis de bacalhau) aioli
- Grilled eggplant rolls, fresh cheese, sherry reduction
- Nata Pastéis
- Piri-Piri chicken drumsticks
LE BON BRUNCH
A chic and comforting brunch, complimentory mimosa upon arrival
- Banana and maple syrup smoothie
- Casserole egg, dippable toasted brioche, sautéed mushroom persillade, Tomme des Demoiselles shavings
- Corn flan, chorizo brunoise, burnt onions, bread croutons with olive oil, chives
- Nata Pastéis
- Waffle, shredded duck confit, crumbled goat cheese, lamb's lettuce, olive oil and lemon zest