Tuna tartare with an avocado mousse and a panko crumble
Fish, Seafood & Shellfish, Vegetables and Fruits, Salted, Brunch
Knife-cut tuna tartare seasoned with Japanese pickled ginger, green apple and chives accompanied by an avocado mousse and some panko crumble.
IngredientsRecipe for 12 Tapas
For the tuna tartare
For the avocado mousse
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
Preparation time: 30 min
Preheat your Oven at 400 °F
- General preparation
Cut the tuna into very small cubes, taking care to remove all the white membranes. Zest and then juice the lime. Cut the apple into small cubes and immediately mix with a dash of lime juice. Chop the pickled ginger. Chop the chives and shallots. Scoop out the avocado flesh.
- Avocado mousse preparation
In the bowl of a blender, put the avocado, remaining lime juice, the garlic and the chili paste. Mix until smooth. Adjust the seasoning and set aside.
- Tartare preparation
In a bowl, mix the tuna with the apples, lime zest, ginger, shallots and chives. Add a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Panko crumble
In a hot skillet with butter, toast the panko to reach a nice golden brown color. Let cool at room temperature before serving.
- To serve
Use a ring mold to serve your avocado mousse with the tartare on top. Remove the ring mold and serve with a few croutons.
Balanced seasoning is the key to a successful tartare. Feel free to try it out a few times to adjust the seasoning to perfection. Always taste and season accordingly!
Class with similar recipe
So chic tapas!! 2 glass of wine offered
- Potato cakes with strong cheddar cheese, green onions, sour cream, fresh chives
- Beef and veal puff pastry with a tomato and basil coulis
- Chorizo Quesadillas, cherry tomatoes, Monterey Jack cheese, Mexican salsa
- Light vanilla cream tart, pineapple in passion fruit fluid gel with saffron, raspberry sorbet
- Tuna tartare with an avocado mousse and a panko crumble