Jumbo shrimps grilled with lemon butter, grilled peppers, sweet & sour sauce
APPETIZERS, Fish, Seafood & Shellfish
Giant shrimps brushed with a salted butter with pepper, garlic and fresh lemon juice, grilled to perfection on the grill, served with a sweet and sour Asian sauce and roasted peppers.
IngredientsRecipe for 4 persons
Giant grilled shrimp
Sweet and sour sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
Preparation time: 30 min
Preheat your BBQ at 450 °F
Peel and finely chop the garlic and ginger.
Juice the lemon and lime.
Dice the green onions and coriander.
Peel and finely chop the shallots.
- Giant grilled shrimp
Melt the butter in a microwave or small sauce pot, then add the garlic, pepper and lemon juice. Brush the shrimp with the composed butter and grill them on high for a few minutes on each side until they get a nice pink/orange color.
- Sweet and sour sauce
In a hot frying pan with a thread of oil sweat the shallots for 2-3 minutes, add the garlic and then deglaze with vinegar. Add the brown sugar and caramelize for a few seconds. Add the soy sauce and the ketchup and bring to a boil.
In a separate bowl, combine the corn starch with cold water, then combine the corn starch mixture in the frying pan. Reduce on low heat until you reach the desired consistency, check for seasoning and then set aside.
- Grilled peppersPoke a few holes in the peppers with a fork, brush them lightly with oil, season with sea salt and then grill them, turning occasionally. Once cooked, place in a sealed container (to help with peeling). Peel and remove the seeds from the peppers and then cut them into thin strips (julienne).
- PlatingMake a pretty bed of grilled peppers in the center of the plate then place 4 shrimps on top and pour a nice helping of the sweet and sour sauce on top. Finish the plate with a few coriander leaves.
« Make your recipes while having fun with friends or colleagues. »
Class with similar recipe
BBQ madness, to impress your friends all summer long (1 glass of sangria included)
- Jumbo shrimps grilled with lemon butter, grilled peppers, sweet & sour sauce
- Duck skewer cooked on charcoal, sweet potato stuffed with smoked cheddar cheese, traditional chimichurri
- Grilled citrus layered on cedar plank with a lemon whipped cream