Opened beets ravioles, goat cheese fondant, arugula and mesclun salad, egg salad crostini
Beet slices, goat chese chives mousse, arugula and mesclun salad, honey vinegar dressing, egg salad on an olive oil crustini with olive oil
IngredientsRecipe for 4 persons
Opened beets Ravioles
Fresh goat cheese
35% whipping cream
Arugula and mesclun salad
Maille honey vinegar
Egg salad crostini
- Olive oil
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
Preparation time: 30.00 min
Preheat your at 400.00 °F
- Set upChop the chivesBoil the eggs (12 minutes after the start of boiling)Cut croutons, add a few drops of olive oil and pepper, lightly brown in the oven for 4 minutes.
- Opened beets RaviolesYou can buy the beets precooked but if you plan on cooking them yourself cook them with the skin on until they are nice and tender. That will ensure they keep their color and nutrients. Using a mandoline or a sharp knife, detail 2mm slices in the beets. (They need to be soft and pliable). Afterwards, using a cookie cutter, cut circles in the beet slices so they are nice and even. In a bowl, with a spatula, add the goat cheese, salt, Pepper and a bit of 35% cream. Mix until it reaches the consistency of toothpaste. Place the mixture in a pastry bag lined with a star tip. On half the slices place a small portion of goat cheese and top with an other slice of beet to finish the raviolis.
- Arugula and mesclun saladIn a bowl add the vinegar, salt and Pepper. Drizzle in the olive oil while whisking until the vinaigrette is smooth and thick. In a pot boiling water, add the eggs. Once it boils, lower the heat to simmer and cook your eggs for 12 minutes. Let the eggs cool a little bit before peeling
- Egg salad crostiniIn a small bowl, mash the eggs and add the mayonnaise, onions, Tabasco, lime juice, salt and pepper.Make a nice egg salad scoop and drop it onto the croutons.
- PlatingIn a plate, place 3 raviolis around in a triangle shape. Place, in the middle, a handful of salad and top with the egg salad crostini
Once you set the raviolis down it's best not to move them around. The beets will have a tendency to color your plate and ruin your presentation. Add the cream to the goat cheese a little bit at a time otherwise it might become to runny to fill the ravioli.