Puff pastry tarts topped with caramelized onions, fresh thyme pancetta and kenogami cheese
Small bites of pastry served hot and topped with caramelized onions with fresh thyme, pancetta and diced small piece of melted Brie cheese.
IngredientsRecipe for 12 tapas
For the mini-tarts
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Preparation time: 30 min
Preheat your four at 400 °F
- General preparation
Cut small rounds of puff pastry using a cookie cutter. Cut the red onion and dice the pancetta. Take off the thyme leaves from the stems. Cut cheese into 12 small pieces.
- Mini-tarts puff pastry preparation
Place the puff pastry rounds on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cover with another sheet of parchment paper and finally a second baking sheet to prevent the dough from rising too much. Bake them in the oven for 15-20 minutes until nicely browned.
- Caramelized onion preparation
In a saucepan, cook the diced onion and pancetta for about 10 to 20 minutes over medium heat. Add the thyme leaves. Let reduce until all the liquid has evaporated. Season with salt and pepper.
- To servePlace a spoonful of caramelized onions and a slice of cheese on each pastry rounds. Bake for about 1 minute to melt cheese and serve immediately!
You could replace the Brie cheese by any soft cheese with washed rind such as Münster or Pont-l'évêque.
Class with similar recipe
6 à 8 TAPAS
Tapas after work ! 2 glasses of wine offered
- Chicken satay, peanut sauce and fresh cilantro
- Deconstructed lemon tart
- Leeks fondue with white wine, pan seared scallops with saffron sauce in a verrine
- Puff pastry tarts topped with caramelized onions, fresh thyme pancetta and kenogami cheese
- Salmon tartar with sun dried cranberries and spicy mayonnaise and olive oil crostini