Pouding chômeur up side down apples, cranberry cake with and maple syrup
Traditional Québec recipe, served with maple syrup.
IngredientsRecipe for 4 persons
Preparation time: 40 min
Preheat your four at 350 °F
- Set up
Peel and cut your apples in quarters and in a hot pan add a knob of butter and fry them for 2 minutes then add the cranberries to the apple and butter mixture, make sure you don't over cook the apples in order to keep them crispy. Put the cooked fruit mixture in the bottom of your cake pan.
- The cake mixture
Using a mixer, cream the butter and sugar for 8-10 minutes. Add the eggs one by one, ideally at room temperature. Mix the flour with the baking powder then sift the mix. Add the flour mixture and the milk gradually in your mixture. Pour the mixture into the cake mold, to about half its height. Finish by adding your pudding syrup before baking.
- The syrup
In a saucepan, make a syrup by bringing to a boil all of the ingredients.
Serve up side down on a plate with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
« Make your recipes while having fun with friends or colleagues. »
Class with similar recipe
LE BON BRUNCH
Festive Brunch + Mimosa workshop on arrival!
- Lobster and chives soufflée omelette
- Waffle, shredded duck confit, crumbled goat cheese, lamb's lettuce, olive oil and lemon zest
- Smoked salmon, leek salad with gribiche sauce with Maille gerkins, country bread toast rub with garlic
- Pouding Chômeur Up side down apples, cranberry cake with and maple syrup
- Rasberry coconut Smoothie