Shrimps risotto, sun dried tomatoes pesto, lemon zest edamame, garlic and basil oil
Mains, Fish, Seafood & Shellfish, Risotto, Pasta and Rice
A lucious risotto perfumed with sun dried tomato pesto topped with edamame et giant sauteed shrimps with mushrooms, garlic and parsley.
IngredientsRecipe for 4 persons
Sun dried tomato pesto
Lemon infused edamame
Decoration of the dish
- Salt and pepper
Preparation time: 40 min
- Cooking of the risotto
In a hot skillet (kept at medium/ medium-high heat), add the olive oil and sweat the onions until they become translucent. Add the rice and the thyme to the skillet and continue cooking until the rice is also translucent and the thyme releases it's perfume. Add the white wine to deglaze the skillet and stir the rice to promote evaporation and absorption. Ladle in the warm broth to cover the rice and continue cooking until it is all absorbed. Once the liquid is absorb add more and continue the same process until the rice reaches the desired doneness (a bit of Crunch in the middle) Once the desired doneness is achieved, spread the rice on a cold cookie sheet to stop the cooking process and continue to the next steps.
- Sun dried tomato pesto
In a mixer add the basil, sun dried tomatoes, pine nuts, capers, cheese, lemon juice and the garlic. Start the mixer while slowly drizzling the olive oil until the consistency becomes creamy and a little grainy. Season with salt and Pepper and set the preparation aside for further use.
In a pot filled with boiling salted water blanch the edamame until they are tender. Using a slothed spoon or strainer retrieve the beans and run them Under cold water to stop the cooking process. Set aside as they will be added in the risotto at the last minute. Zest the lemons and set aside for the presentation of the dish.
- Basil oil
Add in the mixer the oil and the basil and blend away for two minutes. Once this is done strain thought a coffee filter or a strainer with a fine mesh.
- Shrimp and mushroom garnish
Clean and cut the mushrooms, finely chop the garlic and parsley. In a hot pan (kept on medium high heat), heat the oil and a knob of butter and saute the mushrooms and once they are colored, add the shrimp and lower the heat to medium and continue cooking until the shrimp are pink and firm. Add the parsley and the garlic at the last minute and keep the preparation warm to top off the risotto.
- Finishing and serving the dish
In a pot, add the partially cooked rice with some warm vegetable stock to continue the cooking of the rice. When the rice has 2 minutes left of cooking add to the pot the edamame, the shrimp and mushroom mixture and continue cooking as to warm all the ingredients up. Once the risotto is done cooking add the lemon zests and serve immediately.
- Using frozen edamame is a fast and economical way to go and the final result will be just as delicious.
- Be carefull with the cooking time for the rice!! It's better to have the grain a little crunchier at first and to cook it more in the finishing step.
- To make it simpler at service you can make all the preparation in the morning and do the finishing of the dish when you are ready to serve your guests. Try to bring all the ingredients close to room tempeture before starting the final steps. Utilisez des édamamés congelés, moins compliqué et ça ne change pas au niveau de la qualité. Attention à la cuisson de votre risotto, il vaut mieux garder le grain un peu croquant et calculer un peu de temps de cuisson supplémentaire pour la finition.