Salmon skewers in asian marinade, black sesame, sweet chile sauce
Mains, Fish, Seafood & Shellfish
IngredientsRecipe for 4 persons
For the salmon
For the chili sauce
For the rice
Preparation time: 45.00 min
- Mise en placeSoak the skewers in water for 1 hour before hand. Cut the salmon into 8 pieces (1 inch cubes). Toast the sesame seeds in the oven (in a pan in the oven for 5 minutes) , peel and grate the ginger, peel and chop the garlic, squeeze and strain the juice of the lemon. In a bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and lemon juice.Cut carrot and cucumber in fine dice (brunoise). Chop the garlic. Crush the peanuts.Mince the onion, cut the pineapple into small dice, chop cilantro.
- Preparation for the salmonSkewer 6 cubes of salmon per stick. place in a dish and brush with marinade. Let stand for no more than 30 minutes in the refrigerator. In a hot skillet, sear your skewer on all sides, 1 minute per side. Place on a serving dish and sprinkle with sesame seeds.Finish the cooking in the oven for 2 minutes before serving.
- Preparation for the chili sauceIn a small saucepan, bring the rice vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper to a boil. Add the garlic and simmer for 5 more minutes. Remove from heat and add the cucumber, carrot and peanuts.
- Preparation for the riceIn a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the rice until it is tender. In an other pan, cook the pineapple with a knob of butter, drain the rice and toss with the pineapple. Sprinkle the cilantro on top.
- To servePlace your rice on the plate with a cookie cutter. Place the salmon skewers over the rice , and sprinkle with the chilli sauce