Confidence cookie with dark chocolate ganache
A delicious almond cookie filled with a rich ganache.
IngredientsRecipe for 40 Tapas
For the cookie
For the ganache
Preparation time: 40 min
Preheat your four at 300 °F
- Preparation for the confidence cookie
Start by first, sifting the dry ingredients once or twice. Using the stand alone mixer with the whisk attachment (or a mixette), whisk the egg whites until they become frothy and gradually add the sugar until stiff peaks are formed. Fold in the sifted dry ingredients with a spatula until they are well combined. Using the pastry bag and a round tip, form cookies about 5 CM in diameter on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (using a serpentine motion). Sprinkle with icing sugar and wait 10 minutes before baking. Bake for about 12-15 minutes.
- Preparation for the ganache
In a saucepan warm the cream and corn syrup. Pour over the chocolate and let it sit for 30 seconds before mixing. Add the butter and stir until mixture is mixed properly. Place saran wrap directly on top of the ganache and refrigerate for at lease 30 minutes When the cookies and the ganache have cooled down, sandwich a layer of ganache between two cookies.
This cookie is part of the family of meringue family as are macaroons, this could in fact be it's predecessor. You can freeze these in an airtight container, filled with ganache or not. They thaw in about 10 minutes in case you have surprise guests!
Class with similar recipe
Chic Tapas + 2 glasses of wine
- Beef yakitori, cheese fondant, honey and roasted sesame, soya sauce, marinated ginger and green onion
- Apple wood smoked bacon gougère, cheese and fresh herbs whipped cream, balsamic caramel
- Confidence cookie with dark chocolate ganache
- Semi-cooked salmon, roasted onions celery mousseline, white butter fish stock, fresh chives
- Tandoori chicken skewers, thai sauce, green onions