Strawberry soup with basil, basil tuile transparency
IngredientsRecipe for 12 personnes
For the crème anglaise
For the strawberry and basilic salad
For the strawberry soup
For the syrup
For the basilic tuile
Preparation time: 30.00 min
Preheat your four at 350.00 °F
- Preparation for the crème anglaiseIn a saucepan, heat the milk and the cream. In a bowl whisk the egg yolks, sugar and vanilla until laundering. Stir hot milk gradually, whisking. Return to saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until the mixture easily coats the back of the spoon. Strain and pour 3/4 into the siphon. Add two gas cartridges and refrigerate, ideally 4 hours.
- Preparation for the strawberry and basil saladCut strawberries in slices and cut the basil. Mix at the time of serving.
- Preparation for the strawberry soupMix the puree with the syrup and lemon juice.
- Preparation for the syrupHeat the sugar and water to obtain a syrup.
- Preparation for the tuilePlace a brick sheet on the work plan. Using a brush, butter the brick pastry. Place basil leaves from top to bottom, although rows spaced about 1cm.Then sprinkle with icing sugar. Repeat the process with two more sheets of pastry, without basil by superposing on the first leaf. Then cut squares around basil leaves. Place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and put in the oven to brown, about 3 minutes.
- AssemblyIdeally, place a pastry cutter (metal circle) at the center of the plate. Then mix the strawberries and the basil with the syrup, and place the strawberry salad around the circle. Fill the pastry cutter with the foam of the siphon. Sprinkle generously the strawberries around with the red fruits coulis. Place delicately a tile on the dessert. Enjoy!