Pastry puff with pistachio cream and caramelized hazelnuts
IngredientsRecipe for 4 persons
For the choux
For the pistacchio cream
For the hazelnuts nougatine
For the chantilly
Preparation time: 20.00 min
Preheat your Four at 400.00 °F
- Preparation for the chouxIn a saucepan bring to boil the water, the milk, the sugar, the salt, the butter and the vanilla. Remove from the stove and add the flour with a wood spoon. Cook together on the fire until the dough pulls away from the edge of the pan. Put the mix in the mixer and add the eggs one by one. Fill a pastry bag with the dough and realize the choux, 3 cm size on a baking tray with parchement paper.Put it in the oven and cook it until it gets golden brown.
- Preparation for the pistachio creamIn a saucepan heat the milk, cream and pistachio paste. In another bowl, whisk the egg yolks and sugar until the mixture whitens. Pour the liquid mixture over the eggs back into the saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring until the cream coats the back of a spoon. Add the gelatin and stir until it snaps fondue. Pour over the chocolate and let it melt a few minutes and then stir until the mixture is homogeneous. Cool.
- Preparation for the hazelnuts nougatineIn a saucepan, heat the sugar and the water until the preparation achieves 160-165C (until get a blond color). Take away from the fire and add hazelnut in the caramel. Mix well and pour on an oily surface. Let it cool.
- Preparation for the chantillyMix the cream with the sugar and the vanilla. With the electric mixer, whip the cream until firm peaks form.
- To serveCut the choux and top hat and filled with the pistachio cream using a pastry bag. Garnish with a rosette of whipped cream and put a few hazelnuts. Replace the cap and sprinkle with icing sugar if desired.
« Make your recipes while having fun with friends or colleagues. »