French chouquettes, salted butter caramel dip
Sweet, Vegetarian, Brunch
IngredientsRecipe for 12 Tapas
For the pâte à choux
Preparation time: 45 min
Preheat your Oven at 400 °F
- For the chouquettes
In a sauce pan bring the water, the milk, the sugar, the salt and the butter to boil. Remove from the stove and mix into the flour with a wood spatula. Put the mix back on the stove and dry it. Put it in the mixer, and add the eggs one by one. With a pastry bag, realize 3 cm size choux, spred the confectioner sugar on the top. Put the chouquettes in the oven, low the temp on 350 F and cook it until it's golden brown.
- Salted caramel
In a pot, cook the sugar dry until it melts and gets a blond color. Add butter and mix. Add the warm cream and bring to a boil while whisking. Cook for about 2 minutes until the mix is smooth. Remove from heat and add the fleur de sel.
Best if you pass the cream threw a fine mesh sieve.
If you use salted butter, do not add fleur de sel in the caramel
Class with similar recipe
New Chic Tapas! 2 glasses of wine included
- Beef Tartare, Chipotle Mayonnaise, sun dried tomatoes, chives and Parmesan croutons
- Black olive tapenade with feta cheese, country bread, roasted cherry tomatoes, caramelized onions, arugula, Balsamic caramel
- French Chouquettes, salted butter caramel dip
- General Tao Chicken, pineapple sweet and sour sauce, Kaffir lime flavored rice
- Salmon trout rillette, beets, Granny Smith apples, Yuzu juice and chives macedonia, Espelette pepper croutons