Roasted duck breast, green pepper sauce and brown rice
IngredientsRecipe for 4 persons
For the duck breast
For the green pepper sauce
For the brown rice
- Salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil
Preparation time: 45.00 min
- For the preparationChop the tyme, and cut the onion finelly.Make some incisions on the fat side of the duck.Mix the beef stock with the water and warm it up on medium heat.
- For the duck breastIn a dry hot pan, sear the duck breast on both sides, starting with the fat side.Reserve on a baking tray with parchement paper.
- For the sauceStrain the green pepper seeds. In a sauce pan, melt the butter and wisk the mustard inside, add the cream and the pepper seeds, cook it real slow on a low heat for 20 minutes.Wisk it sometimes, making sure it won't break.
- For the brown riceIn a hot pan with vegetable oil, sweat the onions with the tyme, and roll the rice inside the oil to get it transparent.Cover the rice with the warm beef stock, wait until it get's absorb, repeat the operation until it's cooked, reserve the rice on a bain marie.
- For the plattingPut the duck breast in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes, depending on the size of it.Take it out, let it rest for 4 minutes and slice it.Put the rice in the middle of the plate with a cookies cutter, the slices of duck breast on the side and the sauce around.