Poire belle hélène in a cup
Poached pear with vanilla ice cream, choclate topping and almonds
IngredientsRecipe for 12 Tapas
For the poached pears
For the chocolate topping
Preparation time: 30 min
- General preparationPeel and cut the pear in half, empty out the seeds using a melon baller. Cut each half into 6 pieces.
- For the poached pearsMix the water and the sugar together and boil to obtain the syrup. Deep the cut pears into the syrup and cook it gently between 8 and 12 minutes according to the maturity of pears.Once cooked, reserve the pears in the refrigerator still in the syrup.
- For the chocolate toppingBring the cream to a quick boil and pour it on the chocolate. Stear until the chocolate is completely melted.
- For the almondsRoast the almonds for 2 minutres in the oven to make them golden.
- To servePut a little scoup of vanilla ice cream made with a melon baller in a cup. Place a piece of poached pear on it and coat with the chocolate topping. Decorate with almonds.
This reciepe is made for 12 tapas, for 4 persons you should double the quantitys.This dish was created by Auguste Escoffier in 1864 and named after Offenbach's operetta La Belle Hélène.