Scallops with saffron, green apple sauce and julienne
Appetizers, Fish, Seafood & Shellfish
Seared scallops on one side only with a white wine sauce flavored with saffron and served on a warm compote of green apple and a julienne of raw apple.
IngredientsRecipe for 4 persons
For the scallops and apples
Giant scallop (u10)
Granny smith apple
For the saffron sauce
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
Preparation time: 30 min
- General preparationPeel two apples and cut into cubes. Cut the two remaining apples into julienne and sprinkle them with lemon juice to prevent oxidation. Finely chop the shallots.
- Compote preparationIn a saucepan, cook the apple cubes over low heat with a little water. Add the butter and cook until you get a compote texture. Blend with a hand mixer.
- Saffron sauce preparationInfuse the saffron in a small amount of warm water. In a saucepan, combine the chopped shallots and white wine, and warm it up on medium heat. Let the liquid reduce by two thirds and then add the cream and saffron infusion.
- Scallops preparationSeason the scallops. In a hot pan, drizzle with vegetable oil and place the scallops in the pan. Cook for a few minutes to obtain a golden coloration, then add a knob of butter. Spoon the foamy butter constantly on your scallops. Turn them over and remove from heat.
- To servePlace two scallops per plate, each one on a tablespoon of applesauce. Drizzle the saffron sauce all around and decorate with the julienne apples.
Use a Chinese mandolin to create a a very thin julienne.