Fruit flambé served on a breton shortbread and a white chocolate cream
Buttery shortbread served with a yogurt and white chocolate cream and fruit flambé with dark rum.
IngredientsRecipe for 4 persons
For the sablé
For the white chocolat cream
For the famblé
Preparation time: 30 min
Preheat your four at 350 °F
- Preparation of the sablé
Using a mixer, foaming the egg yolks and sugar a few minutes. Successively add the sifted dry ingredients and butter. Roll the dough to about 1.25 cm in thickness between two sheets of sulfurized paper and freeze it at least 20 minutes. Cut the dough using stainless steel rings and Bake in oven at 350 F for 15 minutes or until the shortbread is golden. Leave temper and unmold.
- Preparation of the white chocolate cream
In a bowl combine the sugar and the egg yolks and beat until light and fluffy. In a pot combine the milk and the cream and bring to a boil. Add the vanilla seeds and the pod. Pour this hot liquid over the egg yolks stirring constantly. Return to the stove and cook until thickened. Pour hot liquid over white chocolate and gelatin and stir to combine. Set aside to cool.
- Preparation of the flamblé
Place butter to cover sugar in the cold pan and cook them over medium-high heat without mixing. Cook to melt the butter and sugar and cook to obtain a caramel. When your caramel is golden, add the fruit and mix them with caramel and cook. Once the caramel and fruit are boiling, add the alcohol and flambé.
Keep shortbread dough already cut in a circle in the freezer to get a small book in case of surprise guests.
Class with similar recipe
Chic Tapas for a comforting Sunday! Bubbles offered on arrival
- Fruit flambé served on a Breton shortbread and a white chocolate cream
- Salmon gravlax tartare, lemon cream, sea salt country-style crostini
- Goat cheese puff pastry, red onion compotée, fresh thyme and roasted pine nuts
- Crispy shrimp skewers bouquet, Béarnaise style dip
- Pan-seared foie gras, vanilla French toast, caramelized pears, mild spices maple syrup