Wild mushrooms risotto, white truffle oil and grilled portobello
Mains, Risotto, Pasta and Rice, Vegetables and Fruits
Risotto flavored with wild mushrooms and truffle oil decorated with a few toasted slice of portobello
IngredientsRecipe for 4 persons
For the risotto
Preparation time: 35 min
Preheat your four at 425 °F
- General preparationChop the red onion, chop the fresh thyme and chop the chives. Peel the portobello. Cut the mushrooms.
- Grilled portobello preparationUsing a knife, score the top of the mushroom head so as to form a grid. Season it with olive oil salt and pepper and set it to bake for 20-30 minutes until tender. At the exit of oven cut portobello into slices.
- Pre-cooking riceHeat the vegetable broth. In a pan, drizzle with olive oil and fry the onion for 5 minutes without browning. Add rice and cook 2-3 minutes, stirring until the rice is translucent.Then add the white wine and let it cook until it's absorbed,add the hot vegetable stock a scoop at a time, stirring constantly until rice is cooked but still slightly crunchy.Spread rice on a plate to stop cooking or continue with the following steps to serve immediately.
- Preparation of wild mushroom risottoIn a pan, drizzle with olive oil and fry the mushrooms for 5 minutes over high heat. Add the chopped fresh thyme and chopped garlic. Cook for 2 minutes then add rice. Switch to medium heat. Finish cooking the rice, adding a little vegetable stock slowly until rice is cooked to your liking. Remove from heat and stir in gradually a few knobs of butter, grated Parmesan and chopped fresh chives, finally being and a few drops of truffle oil.
- To servePresent your risotto on a plate that you decorate with slices of portobello.
You can pre-cook the risotto and stop the cooking process after about 15 minutes when the rice is still crunchy and before you add in all the garnish. Simply spread the risotto on a large cookie sheet. This way you can resume cooking when you are ready to serve by warming up your rice with the remaining broth and subsequently incorporating all remaining ingredients.