Beef tartar, horseradish mayonnaise, fried quail egg
IngredientsRecipe for 4 persons
For the tartare
For the horseradish mayonnaise
For the croutons and quail egg
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Preparation time: 30 min
Preheat your four at 400 °F
- General preparationFinely chop the gherkins, capers, shallot and chives. Cut the beef into small cubes.
- Croutons preparationSlice the baguette at an angle to get your croutons. Place them on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for about 10 minutes until crisp.
- Horseradish mayonnaise preparationMix the lemon juice with Dijon mustard and egg yolk using a little whisk. Then stir in the vegetable oil gradually while whisking. Season with salt and pepper.
- Tartare preparationIn a large bowl, mix the beef, gherkins, capers, shallots, chives and a drop of horseradish mayo to bind the whole thing. Mix well. Now you will season your tartare and it's all about personal taste. Add some salt and pepper, pour a little more mayo to adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Quail eggs preparationCook the quail eggs on low heat in a non-stick pan on one side only.
- To serveDraw a line of horseradish mayo on your plate. Use a ring mold to serve your tartare and place a quail egg on top . Accompany your tartare with baguette croutons and eventually a mixed green salad dressed with horseradish mayo.