Pan seared foie gras, jack daniel’s glazed french toast, caramelized apple purée
Appetizers, Foie gras
IngredientsRecipe for 4 persons
For the foie gras and apple purée
For the French toast
Preparation time: 30.00 min
Preheat your four at 375.00 °F
- General preparationCut apples into small cubes. Cut vanilla bean in half lengthwise. With the tip of a knife, scrape off the seeds. Cut the baguette into thick slices diagonally.
- French toast preparationIn a separate bowl, combine eggs and sugar and beat with a whisk. Stir in the milk. Add the vanilla seeds. Soak in the bread pieces for 2 minutes. In nonstick skillet, place a knob of butter and brown the French toast over medium heat on both sides. Finally, brush the bread pieces with Jack Daniel's and bake for 6 minutes.
- Apple purée preparationIn nonstick skillet, place a knob of butter and cook the diced apples with the brown sugar over low heat. Cook for 5-6 minutes until soft and mix to obtain a purée.
- Foie gras preparationSeason the foie gras slices with salt and pepper. In a hot nonstick skillet, sear on both sides. Then place them on a baking sheet and finish cooking in the oven for 2 minutes.
- To serveIn each plate, place 2 pieces of toast on top of each other and a foie gras on the side. Accompany with caramelized apples purée and finish by seasoning with a pinch of Maldon salt.