Pan seared foie gras, jack daniel’s glazed french toast, caramelized apple purée
Appetizers, Foie gras
Simplicity of the French toast paired with the elegance of the foie gras and enhanced by Whiskey and apples.
IngredientsRecipe for 4 persons
For the foie gras and apple purée
Foie gras scallop
Golden delicious apple
For the French toast
Preparation time: 30.00 min
Preheat your four at 375.00 °F
- General preparationCut apples into small cubes. Cut vanilla bean in half lengthwise. With the tip of a knife, scrape off the seeds. Cut the baguette into thick slices diagonally.
- French toast preparationIn a separate bowl, combine eggs and sugar and beat with a whisk. Stir in the milk. Add the vanilla seeds. Soak in the bread pieces for 2 minutes. In nonstick skillet, place a knob of butter and brown the French toast over medium heat on both sides. Finally, brush the bread pieces with Jack Daniel's and bake for 6 minutes.
- Apple purée preparationIn nonstick skillet, place a knob of butter and cook the diced apples with the brown sugar over low heat. Cook for 5-6 minutes until soft and mix to obtain a purée.
- Foie gras preparationSeason the foie gras slices with salt and pepper. In a hot nonstick skillet, sear on both sides. Then place them on a baking sheet and finish cooking in the oven for 2 minutes.
- To serveIn each plate, place 2 pieces of toast on top of each other and a foie gras on the side. Accompany with caramelized apples purée and finish by seasoning with a pinch of Maldon salt.
Use a piece bread from the day before. It will absorb more liquid and create a moister French toast.