Goat cheese and maille white wine dijon mustard veal medallion, warm mushrooms salad
IngredientsRecipe for 4 persons
For the celeriac puree
For the veal
For the mushrooms salad
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Preparation time: 30 min
Preheat your four at 400 °F
- General preparationPeel and cut into large cubes celeriac. Cut the mushrooms into pieces. Chop the onion. Chop the thyme.
- Preparation of celeriac puree In a large saucepan, place the diced celeriac and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and cook over medium heat 20 to 25 minutes.Drain and puree using a food processor. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Add warm cream to adjust the texture of your purée.
- Preparation of veal medallionsSeason the veal medallions with salt and pepper on both sides. In a pan, drizzle some oil and sear the medallions 2 minutes per side. Then place them on a baking sheet.In a bowl, mix the Maille white wine Dijon mustard with half the chopped garlic. Place this mixture over the veal medallions and top with goat cheese. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Preparing the mushroom saladIn nonstick skillet, drizzle some olive oil and saute the mushrooms over high heat. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 4-5 minutes. Add the remaining chopped garlic, red onions and fresh thyme. Cook for 2 minutes. Deglaze with vinegar and stir in honey.
- To serveIn each plate, place a medallion of veal on top of the celeriac purée and some mushroom salad on the side.