Rack of lamb, mint pesto, parsnip puree and seasonal vegetables
IngredientsRecipe for 4 persons
For the rack of lamb
For the mint pesto
For the glazed carrots
For the parsnips purée
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
Preparation time: 45 min
Preheat your four at 400 °F
- General preparationFinely chop the white onion. Peel the carrots. Cut them in half lengthwise and then cut them into wedges. Peel the parsnips and cut into small cubes.
- Preparation of parsnip pureeIn a pan, drizzle with olive oil and fry the onion white. Add a pinch of salt and cook for 1 minute. Then add the parsnips and let cook for 1 minute. Add chopped garlic, thyme and cover with water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 25 minutes over low heat.Drain and blend with hot milk and a knob of butter. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Glazed carrots preparationPlace carrots in a pan, cover with water halfway up and add a knob of butter, honey and cook until complete evaporation of water to glaze them. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preparation of mint pestoIn the bowl of a food processor, combine mint, mustard, green onion, pine nuts and two tablespoons of olive oil. Mix everything. Season with salt and pepper. Add a little oil if necessary.
- Preparation of racks of lambIn a large skillet, drizzle with olive oil and sear the pieces of meat for 2 minutes on each side. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove pieces of meat and set aside. Brush the lamb racks with half the pesto and place them on a baking sheet. Bake oven for 15 to 128minutes. Let the meat rest before cutting each chops individually.
- To servePlace the parsnip puree in the bottom of each plate using a ring mold and place a few vegetables on top. Serve two lamb chops and draw a few lines with the pesto on your plate.