Steamed striped bass roll with risotto verde, green beans, peas and asparagus
Mains, Fish, Seafood & Shellfish
IngredientsRecipe for 4 persons
For the steamed striped bass roll
For the arugula pesto
For the risotto verde
- Salt and pepper
Preparation time: 45 min
- General preparationChop the onions finely. Cut the asparagus and green beans into small pieces. Cut butter into cubes and set aside in the fridge. Keep a few arugula leaves aside for garnishing.
- Arugula pesto preparationUsing a food processor, mix the arugula with pine nuts, the garlic and parmesan. Add olive oil and mix until smooth.
- Risotto verde preparationCook the greens in boiling salted water for 3 to 4 min. Plunge immediately in an ice water bath. In a small pot, drizzle some olive oil and sweat the onions. Add rice and cook it until it gets transparent, then add the white wine. Add the fish stock (or water) gradually with the ladle after each absorption. After 15-20 minutes of cooking, when the rice is al dente, stir in green vegetables, pesto, salt and pepper and finish with butter.
- Striped bass roulade preparationSeason the fish with salt and Espelette pepper, then roll it and keep it in place with a bamboo spike.Bring some water to boil in a saucepan, place a bamboo basket on top and arrange the fish fillets in it. Cover, and lower the heat to minimum and steam the fish 6-7 minutes.
- To serveIn a shallow dish, serve a bed of risotto verde, then the bar fillet, and finish with a few arugula leaves. Serve immediately.