Diced pineapple marinated with cilantro, black pepper pastry cream and sliced almonds
Small glasses with diced pineapple marinated with lime juice, sugar and chopped fresh cilantro, decorated with a touch of pastry cream mixed with whipped cream infused with black pepper and some sliced almonds for crunchiness.
IngredientsRecipe for 36 Tapas
Diced pineapple marinated with cilantro
Black pepper pastry cream
Preparation time: 30 min
Preheat your four at 350 °F
- General preparation
Cut the pineapple flesh into a small dice. Chop the coriander. Bake the almonds in the oven a few minutes until golden.
- Black pepper pastry cream preparation
In a small saucepan, bring milk to a boil, season with a few turns of freshly ground black pepper from the peppermill. Beat egg and sugar until the mixture whitens. Incorporate the flour and mix. Pour half the hot milk mixture onto the eggs and sugar, mix well and transfer back in the pan, whisking constantly for 3 minutes after it reaches a boil. Pour onto a baking sheet lined with plastic wrap, cover with plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator. Whip the whipping cream until smooth but not to firm. Whisk the cooled custard to smooth it. Gently fold 1/3 of the whipped cream into the custard, then add the rest.
- Marinated pineapple preparation
Mix the diced pineapple with chopped coriander, sugar and lime and marinate in the fridge at least 1 hour.
- Dressing your tapas
At the bottom of a jar, put some marinated diced pineapple. Drop a small amount of cream on top using a pastry bag and sprinkle a few toasted almonds.
You can vary the pastry cream flavors: vanilla, orange blossom water, long pepper, cinnamon...
Class with similar recipe
New Chic Tapas of summer + 2 glasses of wine
- Cod fritters, tomato and pepper rougail, chopped frisée salad
- Diced pineapple marinated with cilantro, black pepper pastry cream and sliced almonds
- Chicken satay, peanut sauce and fresh cilantro
- Toasted bread, whipped goat cheese, candied tomatoes, roasted onion and minced beef with spices
- Green curry and coconut milk shrimp, cauliflower couscous with mango and raisin