Giant scallops à l'unilatéral, cauliflower couscous with tarragon oil
Appetizers, Fish, Seafood & Shellfish
IngredientsRecipe for 4 persons
For the giant scallops
For the cauliflower couscous
For the tarragon oil
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
Preparation time: 30.00 min
- General preparationCut the cauliflower into large pieces. Zest the lemon and juice it. Chop the shallots and chives. Cut the cherry tomatoes into quarters. Remove the leaves from the tarragon stems.
- Tarragon oil preparationIn small pot filled with salted boiling water, blanch the tarragon leaves a few seconds before plunging them into an ice bath. Squeeze all the water out with your hands before mixing them with the vegetable oil and a pinch of salt in a blender.
- Cauliflower couscous preparation Place the pieces of cauliflower in a food processor and use the PULSE button to reduce the cauliflower into small pieces, similar to couscous. In a large skillet, drizzle olive oil and fry the cauliflower couscous until just warm. Add in the cherry tomatoes, shallots, chives, lemon juice and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper.
- Scallops preparation Pat the scallops dry on a paper towel before seasoning them with salt. In a large skillet on high heat, add enough vegetable oil to completely cover its surface. Cook the scallops on one side until a golden brown color appears around the edges. Turn them over and add a knob of butter. Remove the pan from the heat and finish to cook them slowly.
- To servePlace a little bit of couscous at the bottom of your plate. Place 2 scallops on top , then decorate your plate with the tarragon oil.