Salmon and asparagus rolls, lemon beurre blanc, arugula
Mains, Fish, Seafood & Shellfish
IngredientsRecipe for 4 persons
For the salmon rolls
For the beurre blanc sauce
For the arugula salad
For the wild rice
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Preparation time: 30.00 min
Preheat your four at 400.00 °F
- General preparationBreak up the asparagus to get rid of the fibrous part and then peel them if they have a large diameter. Finely chop the shallot. Crush the peppercorns using a mortar. Cut butter into cubes and store in refrigerator. Zest the lemon and squeeze its juice. Portion the salmon fillet into 4 equal pieces and butterfly them to get 4 salmon scallops.
- Wild rice preparationPlace the rice and water in a pot and bring to a boil with a pinch of salt. Cover and cook on low heat for 45-60 minutes until tender but not burst out. Strain and keep warm.
- Salmon roll preparationCook the asparagus for about 2 minutes in boiling water or steam them before plunging them into an ice bath to stop cooking. Season the salmon with salt and pink peppercorns, crushed in a mortar previously. Place 3 asparagus in the center of each salmon scallops and roll the salmon around. You can fix the roulade with a bamboo spike.Place the roulade on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake about 8 to 10 minutes until you obtain a medium rare center.
- Lemon beurre blanc preparationIn a saucepan combine the shallots, white wine and lemon juice. Let it reduce by about two thirds. Remove from heat and start to stir in the cold butter bit by bit, stirring constantly with a whisk to create a smooth sauce. Finally, add the lemon zest and let it infuse for a few minutes.
- Arugula salad preparationMix maple syrup and lemon juice with a whisk. Stir in olive oil in a drizzle, then season with salt and pepper. Mix with the arugula at the last moment.
- To serveUse a ring mold to serve a portion of wild rice on your plate. Place a salmon roll on top and drizzle with the lemon beurre blanc. Serve the arugula salad on the side.