Italian beef tartare, parmigiano reggiano croutons
Mains, Tapas, Salted, Beef
Variant of the classic tartare recipe, here the flavors of tomato, basil and Parmegiano Reggiano together to created a great Italian tartare.
IngredientsRecipe for 48 tapas
For the croutons
For the tartare
For the garnish (optionnal)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Preparation time: 30 min
Preheat your four at 400 °F
- General preparation
Cut the beef and tomatoes into small dice. Toast the pine nuts in oven until they color slightly, then chop them coarsely. Cut dried tomatoes into small cubes. Finely chop the shallot. Snip basil. Cut the baguette into thin slices about 0.5 cm. Perform parmesan shavings with a vegetable peeler.
- Croutons preparation
Place baguette slices on a baking sheet. Season with pepper. On each slice, then place a few shavings of Parmesan and bake in the oven until the parmesan is either baked. Allow to cool.
- Tartare preparation
In a bowl, mix beef, shallots, tomatoes, dried tomatoes, pine nuts and basil. Sprinkle with a little olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish preparationIn a separate bowl, combine mustard and vinegar, season with salt and pepper and stir with a whisk. Drizzle in olive oil with in the mixture of mustard and vinegar and stir it. Mix the dressing in the mesclun and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- To serveUse a ring mold to serve your tartare on a plate. Place a few croutons on top to create heigth. Alternatively, place a spoonful of tartare on each crouton, garnish with a shaving of Parmigiano Reggiano and serve immediately.
Make sure you have a very fresh piece of meat since you will eat it raw. In addition, you can ask your butcher to cut it for you.
Class with similar recipe
Italian chics Tapas + 2 glasses of Italian wine
- Italian beef tartare, Parmigiano Reggiano croutons
- Veal meatballs with Mascarpone, tomato sauce, fried onions and basil
- Mild spices beef tataki salad, Parmigiano Reggiano and gremolata sauce
- Parmesan and black olives sablés
- Berry Tiramisu