Squash thin tart, pancetta, spinach and ewe feta cheese
Appetizers recipes, Cheese appetizers recipes
Diced caramelized buttercup squash, crispy pancetta chips, spinach and crumbled feta cheese from sheep.
IngredientsRecipe for 4 persons
Squash thin tart preparation
Sheep's milk feta
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Preparation time: 30 min
Preheat your four at 400 °F
- General preparationSlice the red onion, peel the squash and cut into small cubes. Chop the fresh thyme and garlic finely..
- Puff pastry preparationCut the puff pastry into 4 equal rectangles. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and cover everything with a second layer of parchment papaer and a second baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown. Then let it cool down.
- Pancetta chips preparationPlace the slices of pancetta on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake them in the oven until the pancetta gets crispy (about 12-15 minutes).
- Squash preparationIn a pan, drizzle some olive oil and caramelize the diced squash over high heat. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until tender and then add the red onions. Cook 2 minutes more until all is tender and add the fresh thyme and chopped garlic.
- Thin tart finitionPlace the squash cubes on the puff pastry. Cover with crumbled feta cheese and then bake your tart for 5 more minutes to heat it through. Place a pancetta chip on top of each tart and garnish it with ome baby spinach leaves.
Baking the puff pastry between two baking sheets allows to get thin tart and prevent the dough from rising too much.