black olive tapenade with feta cheese, country bread, roasted cherry tomatoes, caramelized onions, arugula, balsamic caramel
Brunch, Vegetarian, Salted, Vegetables and Fruits, Cheese
IngredientsRecipe for 12 Tapas
Black olives tapenade
- Olive oil
Preparation time: 30 min
Preheat your Oven at 375 °F
- Feta and black olives tapenade
Peel the garlic, chop the capers, the olives and the anchovies.
Mix all the ingredients and blend it in a blender.
Pour in a bowl and whip with some olive oil.
Season with a bit of salt if needed and some pepper.
Put aside in the fridge.
In a pan or a deep tray, put the cherry tomatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper. With the side of a knife blade, crush unpeeled garlic and add it to the tomastoes. Add sprigs of thyme.
Roast in the oven for few minutes.
Right before serving mix the arugula in a bowl with olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Balsamic caramel
Bring to a boil the ingredients in a pot. Using a thermometer, reach 108°C.
Stop the cooking by plunging the bottom of the pot in cold water bath for few seconds. Let cool down the caramel and put aside in the fridge.
Bake in the oven the bread slices basted with olive oil and salt and pepper for 6 to 8 minutes.
Spread the tapenade on the bread.
Cover with caramelized onions, few cherry tomatoes and few leaves of salad. Decorate with a dash of caramel.
Put your bread in the middle of the plate and add the salad on the side. Decorate with the caramel.
Olives, feta and anchovies might be very salty already so make sure not to use to much salt in your recipe.
Class with similar recipe
New Chic Tapas! 2 glasses of wine included
- Beef Tartare, Chipotle Mayonnaise, sun dried tomatoes, chives and Parmesan croutons
- Black olive tapenade with feta cheese, country bread, roasted cherry tomatoes, caramelized onions, arugula, Balsamic caramel
- French Chouquettes, salted butter caramel dip
- General Tao Chicken, pineapple sweet and sour sauce, Kaffir lime flavored rice
- Salmon trout rillette, beets, Granny Smith apples, Yuzu juice and chives macedonia, Espelette pepper croutons