Mushrooms and duck confit risotto, parmesan shavings and truffle oil
Arborio rice cooked with a ladle of chicken stock and flavored with fresh mushrooms, thyme leaves and duck confit topped with Parmesan shavings and a few drops of truffle oil to enhance the flavor of mushrooms.
IngredientsRecipe for 4 persons
For the risotto
For the garnish
Confit duck leg
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Preparation time: 30 min
- General preparationShred the meat of duck legs. Slice the mushrooms. Chop the onion and chives. Take off the leaves from the thyme stem. Chop garlic. Using a peeler, to prepare Parmesan shavings. Cut butter into cubes.
- Mushrooms preparationIn a pan, drizzle some olive oil and sauté the mushrooms over high heat until browned. Season with salt and pepper, add the chopped fresh thyme and chopped garlic. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Risotto preparationIn a saucepan, heat the chicken stock and season with salt and pepper if necessary.In another pan, drizzle with olive oil and sweat the onion until tender. Add rice and stir until the rice grains become translucent. Deglaze with white wine. Stir and let the liquid evaporate completely. Pour a ladle of hot stock, stirring often until liquid is absorbed. Add remaining broth ladle by ladle, stirring constantly until the rice is cooked but still al dente, about 20 minutes.Stir in mushroom and duck meat confit risotto, cook another minute to heat through. Remove from heat, add half the parmesan shavings, half the chives and the butter cubes. Mix gently and adjust seasoning.
- To serveServe your risotto in shallow bowls and garnish with parmesan shavings and chopped chives. Finally, drizzle a few drops of truffle oil on top.
You can pre-cook the risotto and stop the cooking process after about 15 minutes when the rice is still crunchy and before you add in all the garnish. Simply spread the risotto on a large cookie sheet. This way you can resume cooking when you are ready to serve by warming up your rice with the remaining broth and subsequently incorporating all remaining ingredients.
Class with similar recipe
Friday, 19 April18:00 à 21:00
90.00$ / pers.
L'ATELIER DU CHEF
Impress your guests this spring
- Vegetables mix, soft boiled egg, shallots warm dressing, mushrooms and pumpkin seeds crumble
- Mushrooms and duck confit risotto, parmesan shavings and truffle oil
- Jack-in-the-box type lemon pie with rosemary and pecan crumble, lemon powder and foam