Cream of celery soup, spinach sauce, bay scallops and lemon zest
Appetizers, Fish, Seafood & Shellfish, Vegetables and Fruits
A cream of celeri braught to another level with a seafood flavor, enhanced by the freshness of lemon.
IngredientsRecipe for 4 persons
Cream of celeri soup
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
Preparation time: 45 min
Preheat your Four at 425 °F
Peel and chop the onions.
Peel and chop the garlic.
Prepare the chicken stock.
Peel the celeri root and cut into cubes.
Peel the potatoes and cut into cubes.
- Cream of celeri soup
In a saucepot with a thread of oil on med-low heat, place the onions and garlic and sweat them until translucid. Add the celeri root, potatoes and chicken stock. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat, cover and let simmer for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are soft. With a hand blender, blend the soup until it reaches a smooth consistency then add the cream and rectify the seasoning with salt and pepper. Keep hot.
- Bay scallops
In a hot non-stick pan with a thread of oil and a bit of butter, sear the scallops to give them a beautiful golden color. Season and set aside on a baking sheet or plate.
- Spinach creamBring the cream to a boil. Place the spinach and hot cream in a blender and blend until nice and smooth. Adjust seasoning and set aside.
- PlatingLaddle the cream of celeri soup into a deep plate or bowl. Place the bay scallops in the center. Garnish with a thread of spinach cream, some lemon zest and some micro greens.
If you cannot find bay scallops, this dish would be great with any other kind of scallops as well.
Serve nice and hot for best results.
Class with similar recipe
L'ATELIER DU CHEF
Let yourself be carried away with your chef and realize a delicious 3-course meal!
- Almond apple cookies, vanilla ice cream, salted caramel sauce.
- Beef flank, Kenya green beans, shallots and chives Porto butter, parsnip puree and sauce marchand de vin.
- Cream of celery soup, spinach sauce, bay scallops and lemon zest