Apple wood smoked bacon gougère, cheese and fresh herbs whipped cream, balsamic caramel
Cheesy choux, stuffed with cream cheese and bacon.
IngredientsRecipe for 12 Tapas
For the choux
For the stuffing
Preparation time: 45.00 min
Preheat your four at 480.00 °F
- For the mise en place
Cut the bacon in small cubes, sear it for a few minutes until crispy. Chop the thyme, mince the chives and pick the parsley.
- For the choux
Pre heat your oven on 480°F. In a pot, bring to boil the water, the milk, the sugar, the salt and the butter. Out of the stove put the flour in the liquid and mix well with a wood spoon, then dry the mix on the stove.
Put the dough in the mixer, start it slow for 2 minutes, add the cheese, then start adding the eggs one by one. When done, make some 2 cm balls on a baking tray with a pastry bag and a plain socket. Put it in the oven, and low the temp to 350°F, cook it for 20-25 minutes until nice coloration.
- For the stuffing
In a bowl, mix the cream cheese and the cream, add the freshly ground pepper.
Add the bacon, the thyme and the chives.
Put the mix in a pastry bag.
- For the platting
Make a little hole at the bottom of the choux and stuff the choux with the mix. Top it with balsamic glaze and the parsley leaves.
« Make your recipes while having fun with friends or colleagues. »
Class with similar recipe
Chic Tapas + 2 glasses of wine
- Apple wood smoked bacon gougère, cheese and fresh herbs whipped cream, balsamic caramel
- Beef yakitori, cheese fondant, honey and roasted sesame, soya sauce, marinated ginger and green onion
- Confidence cookie with dark chocolate ganache
- Semi-cooked salmon, roasted onions celery mousseline, white butter fish stock, fresh chives
- Tandoori chicken skewers, thai sauce, green onions