slow cooked chicken breast, thyme and chorizo, roasted garlic mashed potatoes, caramelized bacon, walnut and pine nuts sauce
IngredientsRecipe for 4 persons
Slow cooked chicken breast
- Salt and pepper
Preparation time: 45 min
Preheat your Four at 425 °F
- Set upSlice the chorizo into thin slices.Slice the poultry's garlic in thin slices.Wrap the whole garlic head in foil and bake for 35 minutes, cool then peelPeel the potatoes, rinse them well then cut into cubes.Slice the bacon into cubesCut the tomatoes into small diceChop the parsley.
- Slow cooked chicken breastFill your water container to receive the thermocirculateur and program it to 74 C (165 F). Put in your vacuum bag the chicken breast with chorizo slices, thyme and garlic slices. When your water temperature is reached, soak your vacuumed bag for 1:30 minutes minimum. Take the meat out of the bag season it then sear it in hot fry pan on each side, just to give it a color. Let rest 5/10 min rest before slicing and serving.
- Yukon Gold mashed potatoesMix the roasted garlic with the cream and butter and heat the whole mix then blend everything with a hand blenderPlace the potatoes pieces in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and cook over medium heat for 25 minutes. Drain the water and mash with a potato masher.Add the garlic cream in mashed potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Using a hot pan, cook the bacon until browned then drain the excess of grease on a sheet of paper towels then mix with mashed potatoes.
- SauceUsing a baking sheet Roast the pine nuts in the oven for 4 minutes and roast the hazelnuts in the oven 6 minutes, let them cool down then crush them.Mix all the ingredients for the sauce. Season with salt and pepper
- PlatingSlice the chicken breasts thinly.In each plate, make a nice dome of mashed potatoes using dough cutter, put the chicken slices on top and garnish with the sauce.