Mini egg casserole, caramelized onion, old cheddar, mix greens and maple dressing
Egg cooked slowly in a small ramekin garnished with old cheddar and caramelized onions, served with mixed greens seasoned with a maple dressing.
IngredientsRecipe for 4 persons
For the mini egg casseroles
For the mesclun with maple dressing
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Preparation time: 30 min
Preheat your four at 350 °F
- General preparation
Chop the red onion. Chop the chives. Use a peeler to obtain parmesan shavings.
- Mini egg casserole preparation
In a hot nonstick skillet, drizzle with olive oil and place a knob of butter and fry the onion. Salt and pepper and cook over medium heat until onions are caramelized. In two small ramekins, place a few caramelized onions and a little cheddar. Crack an egg into each ramekins. Season with salt and pepper then place the ramekins in a dish half filled with hot water. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the oven. Set aside.
- Maple dressing preparation
In a separate bowl, combine the vinegar, mustard and maple syrup. While whisking stir in the vegetable oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serveSeason the mixed greens with the maple vinaigrette and serve a portion on each plate. Place a mini egg casserole next to the mixed greens and garnish with chives.
You can vary the filling of your egg casseroles by adding diced tomatoes, ham or wilted spinach for example.
Class with similar recipe
LE BON BRUNCH
Chic and comfort Brunch
- Berries, banana and honey smoothie
- Duck tartar, smoked bacon cubes and old-style mustard, crispy fingerling potatoes
- Gourmet bite of smoked salmon, wasabi whipped cream, fennel salad
- Ile flottante with hazelnut nougatine
- Mini egg casserole, caramelized onion, old cheddar, mix greens and maple dressing