Tom ka kai soup with chicken and lemon grass
IngredientsRecipe for 4 persons
For the soup
Preparation time: 30.00 min
- General preparationCut the chicken into strips. Slice the green onion thinly. Slice the galangal. Crush the lemongrass stick with your knife handle. Slice the oyster mushrooms. Tear the kaffir lime leaves in half. Juice the lime and slice thinly the chili. Chop the coriander.
- Soup preparationIn a pot, put together the coconut milk and whisk in the cornstarch. Add in the galangal, lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves. Simmer for 10 minutes on low heat. Strain the broth in order to get rid of the herbs. Add in the chicken and mushrooms and simmer 5-10 minutes until the chicken is cooked. Add in the fish sauce and lime juice.
- To serveServe in soup bowls and garnish with sliced green onion, chilis and coriander sprigs.
Class with similar recipe
BASIC COOKING TECHNIQUES
SOUPS ! take out !
- Bangkok Soup with Coconut Milk and Curry, Silky Tofu, Shiitake and Crunchy Vegetables
- Butternut squash soup, cumin sour cream, chives, caramelized pecan nuts, pancetta chips
- Corn chowder, smoked applewood bacon bits, shrimps sauté, cajun spice
- Tom Ka Kai soup with chicken and lemon grass