Salad with quebec goat cheese, espelette pepper and confit shallots
Mesclun salad with honey and white balsamic dressing served alongside goat cheese croutons with confit shallots.
IngredientsRecipe for 4 persons
For the dressing and the salad
White balsamic vinegar
For the croutons
Ripened goat cheese
For the confit shallots
- Vegetable oil
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Preparation time: 30 min
Preheat your four at 400 °F
- General preparationSlice the goat cheese. Cut red pepper into strips. Mince the shallots. Chop the chives. Chop the fresh thyme.
- Preparations of confit shallotsIn small pan, heat up a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat. Add shallots, fresh thyme, a pinch of salt, a pinch of pepper and cook until melting soft, stirring occasionally.
- Preparation of goat cheese croutons Cut the baguette in thin slices diagonally. Let cook for 5 minutes in the oven to dry slightly. Place a bit of shallots on each croutons and then cover with a slice of goat cheese. Broil for 3 to 4 minutes in the oven just before serving. Garnish with chives.
- Dressing preparationIn a bowl, mix mustard, balsamic and honey with a whisk, incorporating the olive oil in a drizzle. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serveIn each plate, place the salad seasoned with vinaigrette and garnish with red pepper strips. Place the goat cheese croutons on the salad and sprinkle with Espelette pepper.
Mix your salad with your dressing at the last moment only to prevent wilting. In addition, we recommend you sprinkle some fleur de sel on your croutons to add a little texture.