Salad with quebec goat cheese, espelette pepper and confit shallots
IngredientsRecipe for 4 persons
For the dressing and the salad
For the croutons
For the confit shallots
- Vegetable oil
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Preparation time: 30 min
Preheat your four at 400 °F
- General preparationSlice the goat cheese. Cut red pepper into strips. Mince the shallots. Chop the chives. Chop the fresh thyme.
- Preparations of confit shallotsIn small pan, heat up a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat. Add shallots, fresh thyme, a pinch of salt, a pinch of pepper and cook until melting soft, stirring occasionally.
- Preparation of goat cheese croutons Cut the baguette in thin slices diagonally. Let cook for 5 minutes in the oven to dry slightly. Place a bit of shallots on each croutons and then cover with a slice of goat cheese. Broil for 3 to 4 minutes in the oven just before serving. Garnish with chives.
- Dressing preparationIn a bowl, mix mustard, balsamic and honey with a whisk, incorporating the olive oil in a drizzle. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serveIn each plate, place the salad seasoned with vinaigrette and garnish with red pepper strips. Place the goat cheese croutons on the salad and sprinkle with Espelette pepper.